Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pizza and tomatoes

Kris loves when I make pizza. And I love how easy it is, and easy to make tasty. 

I use a dough mix I find at HEB. You just pour in 1/2 cup of hot water to the dough, mix it, let it sit a bit, and roll it out. 

Then, I spread some pizza sauce and pizza cheese. 


Kris wanted pepperoni, and I also added some grape tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh basil, and dried thyme.





Kris has been dying to get a pizza stone for his grill, so we finally got one from Williams-Sonoma. So, instead of the normal sized pizza, I made two individual sizes.


They turned out perfectly, with a great smoked flavor.


Yummy pizza




We stopped by Central Market this weekend for some fresh produce and were not disappointed. 
 I picked up these beautiful heirloom tomatoes. Aren't they pretty?



I made a simple salad with the tomatoes to let their flavor show.

I cut the tomatoes into bite sized slices and mixed with minced garlic, chopped Italian parsley, fresh basil, salt and pepper, 1tbsp red wine vinegar, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Just give it a toss and you're done. 
Simple, flavorful heirloom tomato salad.



1 comment:

  1. Mmm. You inspire me! I have sage in my garden, but will definitely put in some basil, too. Can't wait to help out in your kitchen this summer. :)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete