Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flower garland

I found this flower garland tutorial and wanted to try it in Ainsley's room. 




It's really simple to make, and I happened to have scraps of fabric. Then all you need is a needle and thread, plus it was quick to make.


First, you cut out circles of fabric. I used a glass turned upside down and traced around it with a white fabric pencil. 
Next, fold the circle in half, and in half again. You've got your first petal, now make 6 more, threading each onto a string of thread. 
After threading the 7th petal, I just looped back to the first petal and sewed through it to secure the flower petals together. 










I made 28 flowers, 14 on each thread. I just guesstimated the length of thread for each garland. Then we hung the garlands by stringing the thread through an eyelet screw in the ceiling and tying a couple of knots, et voila!


I really like how it turned out! More importantly, Ainsley likes it :)







No comments:

Post a Comment