Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May

So far in May...

We've made kumkquat mojitos


 

 Muddle together:
1/2 lime
some mint leaves
4 peeled kumquats
1 oz simple syrup

Add:
3 oz spiced rum
3 oz ginger ale

Shake with ice. Strain, top off with ginger ale, and serve.

...And watermelon martinis.


Watermelon martini
Muddle together:
1/2 lime
some mint leaves

Add:
2 oz mashed watermelon
3 oz spiced rum
1 oz simple syrup

Shake with ice.
Strain into glass, top off with ginger ale

I baked my first lasagna...
And it was delicious!


I received a $100 gift from my boss for our successful project at work, so I start to browse Etsy.
I found this bookcase, and Kris and I decided to split the cost. Now I can finally start to unpack those boxes in the bedroom...

Etsy bookcase
This Etsy store, AlyandCompany, is beautiful! I love the reclaimed wood look their items have. Our bookcase will match our style perfectly.

I also got a $100 rewards certificate from Pottery Barn in the mail (hard-earned from much PB spending), so the shopping spree continues!

I looked and looked and changed my mind many times and finally settled on 2 of these candle sconces.

I think they'll be beautiful, on either side of the TV or maybe in the bedroom. I can't wait for them to get here next week. I'm thinking I can put some flowers in them to change  from candles from time to time.


I've been eying this glassware at Pottery Barn for a while, and when Kris and I stopped at the store this weekend, he offered to buy it. :)

Yay, our first real glasses!

PB Casa Recycled Glassware
We also stopped by the West Elm store in Highland Village for the first time, and I was not disappointed. After admiring their things online for so long, it's much better to see it all in person.

West Elm treasures
I got some paperwhite bulbs that were on sale, and two pots to put them in.

Kris bought some beautiful slate coasters, and I got four fabric place mats and two gorgeous serving platters. 

They have been on sale, and when I saw them in person, I was convinced.

Textured Botanical Serving Plates

My planted paperwhites.

Paperwhite



 Paperwhite







I can't wait for them to look like this:

  


While I was at Target buying stones for the paperwhites, I noticed this.



It's a rosemary seed growing kit. It's supposed to be for your tea, but I will leave the rosemary to grow instead of cutting and drying it.

At first you leave the lid on, and once the seeds sprout, remove all but 5 healthy seedlings and leave the top off. I've had such bad luck keeping rosemary alive, hopefully 3rd time's a charm!

Spring Bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment