Sunday, June 17, 2012

Succulents and Langford

I  stopped by Whole Foods last week to pick something up and noticed the cutest succulents display out front. They had signs labeling where the plants were from around Texas and the littlest ones were only 2 for $5. 





I brought Kris back with me on the weekend and we picked out the most adorable ones to take home. Then we went to Target to find a cheap glass display vase. The ones we picked out were actually  candle holders, but work perfectly as vases. We got one big one and one small one, but as I was getting it out of the car the big one smashed :( So we still need to find a permanent home for some of the little ones.



Small vase that didn't break




Aren't they adorable??


My little succulents


We also picked up some gorgeous soft pink peonies. Or 'ponies' as Kris calls them.


Peonies

Peonies :)


Here are the bigger succulents Kris and I picked out.



If you look closely, it looks like the big one is flowering.


I just love this one!




These are the little guys that need a home. For now they are on a pretty bronze tray we also found at Target.


My favorite is the second from the left.




 We also finally bought some candles to go in our new Pottery Barn candle holders, so now I can show you!


I had a PB rewards coupon I used to get these, cause they're not cheap. But I think they're so beautiful framing the tv in the living room, don't you?


If we had an entryway wall into the living room, I think I would have put them there, or on either side of a fireplace.  I also considered putting them on either sides of the bed, but we'll see them more out here.


I put some fake battery powered candles in them, and they work pretty well. I need to get some AAAs for them and turn them on at night.






Langford Market is my new favorite store. The first time I went in one it was in Austin, when I was waiting outside to get into Taverna on 2nd street, my favorite Italian place in Austin. 


I couldn't get Kris to be dragged in there, so I went myself, and tried on every dress in the place. It's so affordable! It's the perfect, cute, affordable clothes for someone my age, and it's the only store I know of that offers something like that. 


I was very happy to find they have a store in Rice Village in Houston, and I've been twice already. 




This is the dress I bought in Austin. I love the detailing on the front.


I bought this top right before we went to the Houston Beer Fest downtown. I wanted something really flowy and cool because we were going to be outside in the June heat. This was the perfect top for the occasion!






 This dress I almost passed over, but the super nice sales lady suggested I try it because she liked it so much. I did, and she was right, it looks great on! I really like the slit in the front that opens to the waist, with a light lining underneath.





I love love this jacket. Partly because it is just my style, slightly sailor-y with the gold double breasted buttons, but also because it was half the price something like that would have been at any of the other stores I shop at. 




I'm a sucker for lace. I wore this out last night to Brasserie 19, an amazingly good french restaurant on West Gray that apparently attracts the Houston elite and their trophy wives. Interesting place to eat. 

I can't wait to go back to Langford. I need to pace myself or they're going to end up owning a large portion of my paycheck.







1 comment:

  1. Wow, love the succulents, the candlesticks and the clothes! Very cool-chic, all :)
    Malm

    ReplyDelete